POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Best game system for 7-year old? : Re: Best game system for 7-year old? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:13:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Best game system for 7-year old?
From: scott
Date: 7 Sep 2007 02:50:47
Message: <46e0f4c7$1@news.povray.org>
> Hello, between PS2, PS3, Xbox, and Wii,  what would you say is the best
> gaming system as far as availability of games for a 7-year old? I'm
> particularly opposed to 1st person shooter games.  I particularly like
> racing games.

Wii.  No question.  OK so graphics may not be up on par with the other two,
but the gameplay and interaction more than makes up for that.  A 7 year old
will easily pick up the Wii Sports games (which came free with mine) but
there is subtle skill involved for adult gamers to get higher scores.  WHy
don't you go to a store and take a look at the games available?  The only
other game I have bought so far is "big brain academy" which is sort of like
an interactive IQ test, although I've hardly played it compared to the
sports game.